3. May we meet our DJ before we sign a contract? Absolutely!
4. How long will you hold our date for us? We will hold your date as long as a deposit is made.
5. Do you work exclusively for this company? Yes.
6. How long have you been a DJ? Over 10 years.
7. What other types of events do you do? Birthdays, Sweet 16's, School Dances, Corporate Events, Public Venues and really whatever you can use a DJ for.
8. Do you perform for more than one event in a day? NO, I like to focus on your event. And you never know, you might want me to stay longer!
9. What makes you different from your competitors? I feel like each DJ has their unique style. I like to focus on the clients needs. I want it to be fun for you and your guests.
10. Have you played at our reception site before? Maybe. There are a lot of new venues opening up around our area. So it's possible I haven't made it to yours yet! But I love new venues and I will meet with the venue coordinator before your wedding day to get all the set up details.
11. Do you act as the “emcee” and make all of the announcements? Yes, I do. However, if you would like to make any announcements feel free to ask me anytime!
12. How would you define your “style” when making announcements? Happy and energetic.
13. What do you do to motivate the crowd if nobody is dancing? This is the best time to throw in a line dance. I will even get out there on the dance floor with your guests!
14. Will we meet again before the wedding? We can definitely meet again. Usually clients are so busy they don't have time to meet again and most everything is done through phone and email. However, some clients feel better to meet with their DJ at the venue and go over specific details of the event.
15. Can we visit you at a performance? I would love it if you did. But I might pull you onto the dance floor for a line dance or 2!
16. How do you keep your music collection up-to-date?
I am a member of several DJ pools that have the the latest and the greatest hits. I'm downloading new music weekly.
17. How involved can we be in selecting music for our event? As involved as you want. I love to know what kind of songs you like to dance to. You are hiring me to play music for you so you need to have the option to select your music.
18. When do we need to submit our music requests and event details? No later than 2 weeks before your event.
20. Do you take requests from our guests? Your request is my command. However, some brides do not want the guests controlling the music. Keep in mind not everyone will request a song that is danceable. So you might be leaving the dance floor at the mercy of the guests so choose wisely.
21. Can we submit a “Do Not Play” list? I encourage you to do that.
22. When do you arrive to set up for our wedding? At least 2-3 hours in advance depending on the services you requested.
23. What will you wear to our wedding? For most weddings I will dress formal. However, I have DJ'd some weddings in a barn with jeans and cowgirl boots!
24. What will you wear when you set up and break down your equipment? Black pants and Black shirt.
25. How much of a deposit is required to secure our date? 50%
26. What is included in the cost of my event? Different packages have different pricing. Our DJ packages starts at just $500.
27. How much would you charge for overtime? $100 per hour.
28. What do you require from us? I will give you a wedding DJ worksheet when you decide to book our services. You can fill it out at your convenience and email it back to me.
29. Do you require a meal? Only if I am there longer than 5 hours.
30. Are you insured? Yes
31. Do you take any breaks? I take bathroom and water breaks. But only at convenient times.
32. What is your policy on alcohol or smoking during the wedding? I don't smoke. However, I do sometimes work in environments where there are smokers. I also prefer not to drink. I have a lot of equipment I will be driving home.
33. What kind of equipment do you use? Bose, pioneer, Denon, Shure, Numark, American DJ (ADJ), Behringer, Vocopro.